Here at Gunfolks.com, we encourage an atmosphere of respect, civility and maturity. All of our members play a major part in providing the content, but also in providing the culture of our internet community. We all want Gunfolks.com to be a fun, family-friendly place where everyone feels safe and welcome. In order to provide a positive and helpful atmosphere, we have to moderate certain content and behavior for its appropriateness in this setting. If you are not a moderator, Please do not engage rule violators, simply report them and it will be handled within the moderator or administrator's discretion.
Individuals who engage in the following behavior may have their posts edited or removed from this website and/or their user accounts banned at the moderator or administrator's discretion. Those who intentionally re-register in an attempt to disrupt the site will be denied access to the website, and activity will be reported to their Internet Service Provider and/or local authorities.
* Posting content that violates applicable the laws of the United States or your individual States or that includes, encourages or facilitates illegal activity.
* Personally attacking other members.
* Posting hateful, derogatory slurs, comments, video's or images regarding race, sex, ethnicity, language, gender, sexual orientation or religion. (Handled within administrator or moderators discretion)
* Posting content containing excessive sexuality, vulgarity or nudity. (Handled within administrator or moderators discretion)
* Trolling, or commenting with the intention of creating problems or disrupting the quality and content of the the website or discussion. Trolling includes, but isn't limited to, baiting people to argue or flame at you, harassment, immature behavior, excessive profanity or vulgarity, scamming, fraud, threats, encouraging people to leave the site, spamming and using alternate user accounts. (Handled within administrator or moderators discretion)
* Please keep all posts as universally legible and understandable to the other members. Post in English, and in normal, legible fonts without excessive use other languages, shorthand, symbols or emoticons.
* Do not post the same thread in multiple forums.
15 Minutes is a unique feature that gives our members unprecedented access to sharing content and information to other members and guests of the Gunfolks community. In order to be fair to those who are taking the time to write blogs, there must be some moderation.
We do not want the 15 minutes section to become an advertising vehicle. It would be unfair to the site sponsors and bump down the visibility of others who are sharing their thoughts and experiences. I am setting the following guidelines to continue to allow access to ALL members, and prevent abuse. Postings that do not comply with these guidelines will be removed.
* Do not post Promotions or Giveaways that are not approved beforehand by the site administrator. For site sponsors who are running paid advertisements on this site, you may post promotions and sales in our "Sponsor Deals and Promotions" forum, and you may post blogs about contests or giveaways with prior approval.
* If you are cross posting an article from your personal blog or website, please post the article in its entirety, do not post a title and quick summary and a link directing to your site. You may include your blog link at the top or bottom of the article as a "SOURCE" of the blog content.
* Please make blogs of substance and content. Do not make blogs that are more appropriate for a forum topic or question. A blog should not be solely dependent upon the feedback of commenters to provide its content.
* If you are posting a video, please embed it into the blog when possible so that it may be viewed without leaving the site.
* Please do not make broad, generic listings that encompass many different models and variations. (For Example a listing for "1911") Please give the make and model of the firearm in the title you wish to list.
* Please provide accurate descriptions of the item or business when creating new listings.
* Do not include personal experiences or preferences in listings, only technical data and descriptions. All personal Experiences or recommendations should be done in a separate Review. After submitting a listing, you may immediately create a review for that listing giving your first hand experiences.
* Before submitting a listing, please search for your item to make sure it has not already been listed to prevent a duplicate.
* Listings will be moderated by "Editors" who will have the ability to edit or delete listings. Please be aware that incomplete, duplicate, or improper listings may be edited or removed.